Spinning Life Around: DJ Sox's Battle with Drugs, Rehab, and the Ultimate Comeback!

DJ Sox openly talked about his struggles with drug addiction, how he managed to overcome it, and rebuild his life after going through rehab.


Originally named Mbusi Sokhela, the DJ began using drugs when his friends started using them in memory of a deceased friend. Unfortunately, what was meant to be a one-time thing turned into seven years of battling addiction.


In an interview on The Hustlers Corner, DJ Sox shared his experiences, including using ecstasy and later cocaine. He explained the turning point that made him decide to quit and turn his life around.


"As I started losing everything and friends, I realized I didn't like where I was heading. I tried convincing myself that I could balance it, like some big shots overseas, but it didn't work. So, I told myself I needed to quit," he said.


After losing relationships, properties, and cars, DJ Sox saved money to go to a rehab center. Inside, he had a conversation with himself, realizing he needed a fresh start, addressing family and friendship issues, and setting priorities. He emphasized putting his personal well-being first before focusing on his DJ career.


In a previous interview with Sowetan, DJ Sox connected his struggle with drug addiction to the allure of money and fame in the music industry. He explained how the combination of fame and wealth led him down a destructive path.


He shared his story at a gqom conference in Durban, urging young people to be cautious about substance abuse. He emphasized the responsibility of those in the music industry to guide younger artists, providing the direction that he, unfortunately, didn't receive when he needed it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog